Pevensey & Westham railway station
The platforms at Pevensey & Westham station, looking east
|Classification||DfT category E|
|Opened||27 June 1846|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Pevensey & Westham railway station serves the villages of Pevensey and Westham in East Sussex, England. It is on the East Coastway Line, and train services are provided by Southern. The station is located around 4 miles (6.4 km) from Eastbourne town centre, and is one of four stations serving the town (the others being Polegate, Hampden Park and Eastbourne).
The station opened as Westham and Pevensey on 27 June 1846 with the opening of the line between Lewes and St.Leonards (Bulverhythe). It was renamed Pevensey & Westham in January 1851 but in November 1851 was renamed Pevensey until January 1890 when it received its present name. Electric trains began serving the station in 1935. The signal box closed in 2015 when new signalling was introduced controlled from Three Bridges Regional Operations Centre.
The typical off-peak service from the station is:
On Sunday the typical service is:
- 1tph to London Victoria (semi-fast via Eastbourne)
- 1tph to Ore (stopping)
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
East Coastway Line
or Pevensey Bay or Cooden Beach
- Southern Region Record by R.H.Clark