The chinese Pinyin of this town seems fuli, instead of puli--22.214.171.124 02:57, 24 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Why not use 'Luzhi' instead of 'Puli'? Puli was absent for a long long time. --Pion 19:05, 30 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- 甫里 PULI is the correct pronunciation. Fu-li is wrong. Reference:
Chinese Encyclopedia《辞海》。 Unfortunately, even Encycopedia Britannica made this mistake of pronounce 甫里 as Fuli, in doing so, they end up putting the birth place of Wang Tao to Fulichen, in Manchuria !!!! Paul. A. Cohen made the same mistake of "Fu-li" in his book "Between Tradition and Modernity".
- I wrote article Puli because referenced by my other article Wang Tao
he was borned in Puli.
- Puli was in use for more then 1200 years, since Tang dynasty, only
at the very end of Qing dynasty Fuli was changed to Luzhi, hence there were far more refernce to Puli than Luzhi
- I have redirected "Luzhi" to here. I don't think I can move "Puli Town" to Luzhi.
- Needs general organization and more information if possible. May also need to be "further translated".
- Much of the page reads like a 'travel brochure'.
- Strange "Scene of Puli" list halfway down
- All these pictures at different justification, and so little text hurts the page outline
- Images are quite nice, though, especially the bridge over the river
(-- 02:57, 24 Mar 2005 (UTC))
- I have moved the images to gallery instead of dispersing in the article,
that way it is easier to organize.