Edmonton Green railway station
Edmonton Green railway station in 1995
|Local authority||London Borough of Enfield|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1872||open as Edmonton|
|1883||renamed Lower Edmonton (High Level)|
|1992||renamed Edmonton Green|
|London transport portal|
Edmonton Green is a London Overground and National Rail station on the Lea Valley lines which form part of the West Anglia Main Line, located in Edmonton in the London Borough of Enfield, north London. It is 8 miles 45 chains (13.8 km) down the line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Silver Street to the south and Bush Hill Park (on the Enfield Town branch) and Southbury (on the Cheshunt branch) to the north.
Its three-letter station code is EDR and it is in Travelcard zone 4.
Edmonton Green was opened as Edmonton (High level) on 22 July 1872 by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on its new, more direct line from London. Edmonton was renamed Lower Edmonton (high level) on 1 July 1883, with the suffix being dropped when the low level station closed. The name of Edmonton Green was adopted in 1992 as being more indicative of the area served and to promote the nearby Edmonton Green Shopping Centre.
The ticket hall was rebuilt in the early 1980s, and barriers were installed in 2012. Lifts to the platform level became operational in 2015.
In 2015 the Lea Valley Lines transferred from Abellio Greater Anglia operation to London Overground. This resulted in the ability of entitled Freedom Pass holders to use their passes at any time, as on the Underground. Edmonton Green was also then added to the Tube map.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. May 2020. Archived (PDF) from the original on 7 August 2020.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Chronology of London Railways by H.V.Borley
- TFL appoints London Overground operator to run additional services Transport for London 28 May 2014
- TfL count on LOROL for support Rail Professional 28 May 2014
- GB National Rail Timetable May 2020, Table 21
- "Edmonton Green Station". Transport for London. Retrieved 12 October 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Edmonton Green railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Edmonton Green railway station from National Rail
- grid reference
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Liverpool Street
|Enfield & Cheshunt Line|
Enfield Town Branch
towards Enfield Town
|Enfield & Cheshunt Line||
|Seven Sisters||Greater Anglia
West Anglia Main Line
(peak hours only)